Today the lovely Rosie has taken over my blog.
Hello lovely people! I’m rosie from ‘the budget beauty book’ and I’m super excited to be the first blogger taking part in takeover tuesday! My blog focuses on how to look and feel beautiful which saving a few pennies along the way. so I thought what better way to show you what I’m all about than by sharing my latest homemade beauty trick…. an asprin facemask!
Asprin isn't just for headaches you know. infact it's been used in beauty for years and years. you see asprin is made out of salicylic acid, this works as both an anti-inflammatory and exfoliant. It is these properties that make it effective in the treatment of acne, scarring and discolouration, amongst other things.
You will need :
3x regular strength uncoated asprin
2tsp natural yogurt
a pinch of brown sugar
tea tree or lavender oil (optional)
1. Take your asprin and place it in a small dish. add a few teaspoons of water and leave for a few minutes. then mash up the asprin with your fingers.
2. Add tsp of honey and tsp of natural yogurt to the asprin and mix everything in the dish together using your fingers.
3. Add a few drops of the oil if you wish and the brown sugar. then continue to mix.
4. Make sure your face is clean of make-up and then apply the mask all over your face using your fingers.
5. Leave the mask on for around 15 minutes and them wash off using warm water.
NB salicylic acid makes your skin super sensitive to the sun so make sure you wear sun-cream even if it does look like winter outside! the skin can also become used to the mask if you use it too often, lessening the effect, so limit usage to once a week.
so there you have it! a super easy and cheap way to help you on your way to beautiful skin!
if you do try it out be sure to pop on over to my blog and tell me how it worked out for you :)
So that was my first Takeover Tuesday ... if you want to volunteer to complete a post then just comment below with your email address and i'll email you all the details! Thanks for reading lovies and if you try this Asprin facemask make sure you let Rosie know how it turned out!!